Medical Withdrawal

Goodwin College, upon request and with appropriate documentation, may medically withdraw a student from their courses due to serious medical conditions that prohibit the student from completing his/her courses. Documentation will be required from a physician on the college’s Medical Withdrawal form. The request for withdrawal and relevant documentation must be received in the Registrar’s Office by the semester withdrawal date as indicated in the college catalog. In addition, Medical Withdrawals may affect a student’s Satisfactory Academic Progress; please refer to the Satisfactory Academic Progress section in this catalog. Medical Withdrawals will be reviewed by the Records Review Committee (RRC); please refer to the Appealing Financial Aid /Finance Issues section under the Refund Policy. Graduate students who do not agree with the decision of the RRC may appeal to the Goodwin Appeal Board; please refer to the section on Appeals and Grievances.