Admission Requirements

Applicants to Goodwin College are required to:

  1. Interview with an admission officer.
  2. Complete an Application for Admission to the College.
  3. Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee.
  4. Arrange to take the CollegeSuccess placement evaluation prior to registration, if required. For further information, see individual program pages.

All applicants will be informed of their acceptance or denial within two weeks of application.

Once enrolled for classes, students are required, for data collection and research, to:

  1. Submit an official high school, GED, HiSET or equivalent transcript before the end of the first semester of enrollment.  All prospective students fill out a High School transcript or GED Request form upon enrollment or request an online transcript from their school.  Goodwin College will send this form to the appropriate high school, adult education program, or state GED/HiSET agency.  The college will assist students in attempting to obtain an official high school, GED or HiSET transcript before the end of the first semester of enrollment. If an official high school, GED or HiSET transcript (or equivalent) is not received by the end of the first semester, Goodwin College will accept the student’s attestation that they have graduated along with the name of the high school or state agency, city, state and year of graduation, as listed on the student’s admission application, to document that the student is a high school graduate (or equivalent) unless the college has reason to believe otherwise due to receipt of conflicting information.
  2. Home-schooled students must provide one of the following:
    • In a state that provides certification, that certification will be accepted in lieu of a high school transcript.
    • In states that do not provide certification, students must provide a transcript or the equivalent, signed by the student's parents or guardian that lists the secondary school courses the student completed as acceptable documentation of the student's successful completion of a secondary school education in a home school setting.
    • Home schooled students who have successfully completed a minimum of an Associate's Degree are not required to submit high school transcripts or certification, but must provide a copy of their official transcript from that institution.
  3. Submit documentation of measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella (chicken pox) immunization/immunity at time of registration, as required. Any student who is not compliant will have a hold placed on all future registration of classes until the documentation is received.